Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Fish Stick In A Tux Anyone For A Little Fish Psychology?

Anyone for a little fish psychology? - a fish stick in a tux

So I ask myself: Where do fish know their own kind? And yet, their own colors? I am developing a community tropical aquarium 55 gallons, and I am fascinated by day. This is a new tank, and I started to add fish gradually over 8 weeks. My result is: Mollies sunburst 2, 2 Red Mollies Mollies 2 Dalmatian (white with black spots), a black with white spots, 5 Zebra Danios, 2 Ghostfish, 2 gouramis (powder blue and a sunset color), 2 male guppies neon tux and 1 algae eater Plecco.

Here's what I had done. Each fish sticks with its own color! You see, I was 6 years Mollies, two of each color and the color they are hold. What I find fascinating.

Does anybody know why and how?

6 comments:

I make it rain said...

I firmly believe that although I am not an authority on these matters. I have a 10 gallon tank with two fish and a goldfish Coi (do not know the species). We had a silver fish, but it was like two fish Coi "off'd" because he just died one day. The two teams will play together and mate Coi fish and red fish has not grown much, and it remains with him. I feel that my two "great" country of origin of fish, the fish mafia "a very interesting discovery made, I'm sure someone somewhere studying!

Bruce J said...

This is a safety issue. In nature to confuse fish travel in schools predators. Geneticly is expected to remain with their own kind. What, as they are .... They recognize their own species. If you traveled to England with a group of Americans, even though for example, would very much like a culture like the United States that are sufficiently different that an American saying by the way they would recognize dressed, to be surrounded, and she was wearing. The same principle here.

Stradiva... said...

I would not bet much on the basic theories of color.

Area fish smell each other, would bestexample fish, return male female odor "and when is best time for fertilization.

So, nothing to do with the smell of each other to find their own species.

It could also be affected by the idea of spawning brothers to bring the fish to be random. If you speak two black mollies in the same thats what im making.

magicman... said...

Same in Venice, is genetic.

MM

Venice Girl said...

This is not really psychology. This genetic predisposition. All living creatures, plants, animals and everything in between genetically set up to do not want to be with his family. This helps avoid the intersection and sensitive.

Boss Hoggin said...

Birds of a feather flock together

Post a Comment