Sunday, February 21, 2010

Walmart Motor Oil Prices Castrol Vs. Pennzoil Vs. Valvoline Vs. Generic Motor Oil?

Castrol vs. Pennzoil vs. Valvoline vs. Generic Motor Oil? - walmart motor oil prices

So I'm at Walmart to get some motor oil and surprised at these prices have increased enough for 3 months in my last oil change.

I use to use that works Pennzoil $ 3.97 per liter today. But now I'm trying to use that brand SelecTech (Walmart generics), which is only $ 1.88 per liter.

Is this a good idea or not is a big difference in performance is mud, spills, etc.?

What is the difference between the actual results, Castrol, Pennzoil, SelecTech, etc.?

2 comments:

Mark F said...

I have been working on the repair industry 6 years, but around cars and tinkering with them for most of my 39 years. He concluded that the oil regularly orders of magnitude more important than what brand you use. I have already many miles by car from the 300K mark of cheap oil to the conclusion that it paid no sense, some large companies advertising budgets.

gbreadma... said...

I used to get generic brands, especially wasting Havoline Quaker State, now use only, Valvoline, or (if) to Mobil One

Also used for Fram filters, until I heard the nightmares. I also enjoyed themselves, or rubber ring old Fram filter mounted on the vehicle. When I prevented the new filter, the O-ring age has him close, and new oil spilled on the floor when the car in motion.

What oil filter, I only get Fram ... STP or Bosch, as a rule.

Post a Comment